Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Body

I'm fat and I will no longer allow it to continue. I think I qualify as "morbidly obese", isn't that lovely?

Ok, I just checked. My BMI (body mass index) is 37.2, which puts me in Class II obesity, also known as "Severe Obesity", but not quite "Morbid Obesity". Whew! Dodged a bullet there. Makes me feel SO much better.

The Starting Weights and Measures are as follows:

282 pounds,
Waist 52.5,
Hips 50,
L. Thigh 27,
R. Thigh 26.5,
L. Arm 16,
R. Arm 16.5,
which adds up to a total of 188.5 inches around my parts (that's roughly the distance from the earth to the moon, I think).
I'm a bit over 73 inches tall.

On Tuesday, I'll have measures for body fat percentage when my new bio-impedance scale arrives. I'll be taking measurements daily. Since I'm a database programmer, you can expect charts and graphs and ratios and such as the data comes in over the year. I want to lose 110 lbs of fat, while adding 10 lbs of muscle, ending up at 182. I don't know if I can do that in a year. It'll probably take two years. But I intend to be well on my way by 1-Jan-2012.

The Launch starts today with a 21-day green smoothie fast. I and my wife and my brother-in-law are all doing it. That's certainly not a sustainable change, and it's not intended to be, but doing this will cleanse and detox our systems. So far today, I've had about a quarter pound of chard blended together with some berries. Can't say the kids breakfast of fried eggs and potatoes didn't look enticing, but I'm OK. I can do anything for a mere three weeks, right?

After the initial green cleanse, I'll be trying various diet and exercise combinations. I've been studying and compiling a plan. I've now got three weeks to solidify it.

Turns out I'm not travelling until the 24th, so this is a perfect time to have a weird 3-week diet.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment